Forklift Self Dumping Hopper Attachment FREE Quote Call 281-342-0200
Self Dumping Hopper Forklift Attachment With Door Chute
Hopper is designed for use in areas with limited space. Our fixed position hopper has a full-height front door that opens to release the hopper contents. Hopper door will automatically close and lock after load has been discharged. The front door of the self dumping hopper is opened with a release wire that may be actuated from a safe distance. Our dump hoppers can be moved with help from a forklift truck. Safety chain is attached for securing hopper attachment to the carriage of fork truck. Welded steel manufactured with blue painted finish.
While transporting any materials like trash, refuse or garbage around a stockroom or industrial plant, safety is essential. The more consistent the method of transporting, the better, and the better care that is taken, the less chance you will have an expensive mishap. By using a self dumping hopper with a hinged front door and carrying goods on a standard forklift, you get the best of both worlds – a piece of equipment that is easily controllable in terms of loading and unloading, and one that is quick, dependable, and able of transport large amounts of material in a one load. As with any heavy equipment, it is essential to follow correct safety techniques when operating a self dumping hopper.
7 Self Dumping Hopper Safety Tips
- INSPECT. Check hopper latch assembly and other moving parts before each use for damage or undue wear. make sure that the latch spring, as well as the drum and base, are in good working order.
- SECURE. Hopper latch holder should be in the locked position at all times, not including when dumping. At all times wrap and secure the safety chain around the forklift mast to make sure that the hopper does not fall off the forklift while you’re moving and releasing the material.
- PICK UP THE HOPPER. Insert the forks of the Forklift into the fork pockets in the base, spreading the forks as far as feasible. Forks should not extend beyond the front of the base.
- TRANSPORT THE HOPPER. lift up the forks and tilt the mast back to prevent the load from slipping. Carry one hopper at a time, at the minimum usable height.
- DUMP THE HOPPER. Keep the forklift mast tilted back, unlock the latch holder and raise forks to the desired release position. Keep clear of the hopper and release the handle while tilting the mast slightly forward.
- RE-LATCH THE HOPPER. Always re-latch the hopper by tilting the mast back and positioning the latch holder into the locked position.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD THE HOPPER. in addition make certain that the weight of the loaded hopper does not exceed the capacity of the forklift as shown on its load chart. Also, make sure the hopper load will release freely. If material hangs up in hopper when dumping, it can cause an overload condition that may have an effect on forklift stability.
As an extra reminder, by no means climb on the forklift mast or boom to unlatch the hopper, and never stand on the forklift or under the forks.
Self Dumping Steel Forklift Hoppers
|Model||Color||Volume Cubic Yards||Capacity
|Overall Size (WxDxH)||Gauge of Steel||Wt.